Mobile learning is changing the way that people learn all over the world. Thanks to development in technology, affordable delivery methods and multiple features, many are reaping the benefits of mobile learning. In our latest post, we’re looking at how mobile learning is transforming education and the benefits that it offers.
What is mobile learning?
In its simplest definition, mobile learning is education or training that is delivered by means of portable computing devices such as smartphones or tablets. So, in a nutshell, it’s education on the go.
Mobile learning apps have been developed over the years to bring users a whole host of features that improve the overall learning experience. From gamification and spaced repetition to leader boards and real rewards, mobile learning apps have transformed education. By delivering lessons and training in bite-sized, topical sessions, it can work wonders for the end result.
So, what are the benefits of mobile learning?
- Mobile learning is flexible: there’s no need to be constricted when it comes to learning hours thanks to mobile learning. By offering short lessons that can be picked up and as when it’s convenient, learning new skills, concepts and knowledge have never been more straightforward. Users can use the app during commutes, downtime or during breaks; learning has genuinely never been so flexible.
- Mobile learning is affordable: technology has changed the way the world lives, and education is no exception to that. Thanks to the development of technology over the years, more users than ever have access to educational programs and apps. Mobile learning means that people from all four corners of the globe have access to one of the most convenient approaches to learning today.
- Mobile learning sees improved course completion rates: thanks to convenience, varied content and delivery methods used for mobile learning, course completion rates are typically higher than those in traditional courses. Mobile learning has eradicated the need for lengthy lessons, text-heavy content and set learning times, leading to learners being more likely to complete a course successfully.
- Mobile learning encourages users to stay engaged: as we mentioned, course completion rates are improved along with engagement rates. With the best mobile learning apps on the market offering a whole host of interactive features such as gamification, real rewards and space repetition users are much more engaged. For example, gamification is the process of transforming mundane lesson into games. So, naturally, learners are going to be engaged. With plenty of features to transform lessons into a fun activity rather than a chore, they’re more likely to pick up an app regularly.
Mobile learning is a trend that has taken the world by storm in recent years, and it’s here to stay. If you’re not already using a mobile learning app for yourself or within your organization, you really should give it a go.
To summarize, mobile learning is affordable, it’s flexible, and it’s fun. It’s a cost-effective method to learn either for an individual or an entire team. Furthermore, if you’re delivering a course, mobile learning is a much more responsive solution than traditional e-learning and training methods. So, no matter the purpose, mobile learning is the future.
- Recent Security Trends for Sports Apps - January 27, 2023
- Understanding How Different Industries Have Integrated the Use of Bitcoin into Their Services - January 9, 2023
- Understanding the Three Pillars of Affiliate Marketing for Tech Entrepreneurs - December 17, 2022