Qualys is a sponsor of TechSpective
What’s on your network right now? Are you confident that you know how many endpoints and mobile devices are connected to your network at any given moment? If not, how can you ever be secure? You can’t protect what you aren’t even aware of, so the first—and arguably most crucial—step to effective cybersecurity is an accurate inventory of the assets that need to be protected. Qualys understands the value of asset discovery and maintaining an accurate inventory, which is why the company announced today that it is making its Global IT Asset Discovery and Inventory app free for all businesses.
“As we know, it is difficult, if not impossible, to secure what we do not know or cannot see,” said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO of Qualys. “It is with great pleasure and at the suggestion of members of our CTO/CISO advisory board and many of our beta users, that we have decided to offer the core of our groundbreaking Global IT Asset Discovery and Inventory app as a free service for the community at large.”
Qualys Global IT Asset Discovery and Inventory App
For organizations that don’t have an asset inventory tool now—or struggling with the tools and processes they are currently using—this is huge news. Qualys is a leading provider of cloud-based cybersecurity and compliance solutions, and the company places tremendous value on real-time visibility. Asset inventory is the foundation of that visibility, and the Global IT Asset Discovery and Inventory app is a powerful tool designed to provide that visibility for customers.
According to a press release from Qualys, the key benefits of the Global IT Asset Discovery and Inventory app include:
- Automatically create a continuous, real-time inventory of known and unknown assets across your global IT footprint. The assets can be any assets from on-premises, endpoints, multi-cloud, mobile, containers, OT and IoT.
- Automatically classify, normalize, and categorize assets to ensure clean, reliable, and consistent data. In-depth asset details provide fine-grained visibility on the system, services, installed software, network, and users.
- Search across millions of assets and have full visibility of any device in seconds.
- Instantly detect any device that connects to your networks, via our passive scanning technology. Upon an unknown device detection, users can install a lightweight Qualys self-updating agent (3MB) to turn the device into a managed device or launch a vulnerability scan.
The free version of the tool provides a number of features and benefits, but it also contains the power to do much more for companies that need additional capabilities. Hardware and software lifecycle information, the ability to tag business-critical assets, new workflows, synchronization of assets with the ServiceNow CMDB (Configuration Management Database), and the ability to automatically quarantine unknown devices or known devices that are not in compliance with established policies or are believed to be compromised are all available as paid subscriptions on top of the free tool.
Additional Insight and Feedback
“Making the Global IT Asset Discovery and Inventory app available for free is a great service to the security industry at large. The app allows companies to quickly, and in real time, see the answers to questions such as: ‘Which PCs, laptops and business areas are at the highest risk of attack?’ and ‘Which systems are not being patched in a timely manner?’” said Eddie Dynes, Information Security and Compliance Manager at London Gatwick Airport.
Jim Reavis, CEO and co-founder of the Cloud Security Alliance, explained, “Qualys Global IT Asset Discovery and Inventory is a scalable but easy-to-use app that gives members and the community at large 100 percent, near real-time visibility across their global hybrid environments.”
Visit Qualys and check it out the Global Asset Discovery and Inventory app for yourself. You’ve got nothing to lose. It’s free.
- Real World Impact of Medical Device Security - September 18, 2023
- Unlocking the Collective Ingenuity of Hackers to Outpace Threat Actors - August 24, 2023
- TransUnion Report Highlights Increasing Risk from Synthetic Identity Fraud - August 24, 2023