Save the date: October 30 at 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific.
BeyondTrust is hosting a live Web event presented by SANS instructor Dave Shackleford titled “Why Password Authentication is Broken, and How to Fix It.”
Here is what the event registration webpage has to say about it:
At the beginning of August, a news story broke claiming that Russian hackers had stolen over a billion internet passwords. In later weeks, some skepticism was cast on that story in its entirety, but that story is really just another in a long line of password breaches.
This begs the question – why do we keep experiencing these breaches? What impact do they have, and how do we get ahead of this concern? In this webcast with SANS Instructor, Dave Shackleford, we’ll examine some of the more high-profile password breaches in the recent year, and look at why these may be happening. We’ll also explore how more attention to privileged account and vulnerability management can play a big role in getting a handle on these types of issues in your own environments.
Shackleford will discuss:
- Some of the more high-profile password breaches in the recent year
- Why these breaches may be happening
- How more attention to privileged account and vulnerability management can play a big role in getting a handle on these types of issues in your own environments
I have known Dave Shackleford for years, and I have had the privilege of working with him. He is a brilliant and respected security expert, and a gifted instructor capable of conveying information so that you can understand it.
Registration for the event is free. Even if you are not free to watch the event live, you should go ahead and register. BeyondTrust will send the recorded presentation to all registered individuals.
Click here to register now.
- SBOMs: The Hidden Ingredient in Secure Software Recipes - November 17, 2023
- Beyond the Buzzword: Data’s Crucial Role in Generative AI Security - November 16, 2023
- Democratizing Biometric Identity - November 13, 2023