In recent months Google has unveiled a plethora of items for Android users to sample. Making the list were the Android 5.0 “Lollipop”, significant changes to Google Wallet, an updated Google Maps app and—last but not least—a new Google Calendar app with interesting features for Android devices. Now the Google Calendar app is also available for the iPhone.
Google Calendar is equipped with collaborative features, including the ability to sync timed events from Gmail, suggest people and places to add to Google Hangouts and a Schedule view that features maps of calendar destinations.
During the unveiling of the new Google Calendar, Google also pledged to launch the app on the iOS to provide iPhone users with its collaborative features and extend the influence of the Google ecosystem to the rival platform. As of this week, that promise has been kept. Google launched the Google Calendar app for the iPhone with all the aforementioned features for the iOS faithful. The Schedule view interface and event synchronization features are fully compatible with all iPhone calendars and iCloud.
As of now, a gaze into my crystal ball predicts a new wave of collaboration between the two tech giants which could relegate the Google map fracas and Apple’s rejections to the background. 2015 is definitely shaping up to be an interesting year for technology.
Outlined below are the features of the new Google Calendar app for iPhone which you can download from the App Store right now.
Google Calendar Features
- A new Schedule View – See your schedule at a glance with photos and maps of the places you’re going.
- Events from Gmail – Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
- Assists to fill in your calendar – You can quickly create events with smart suggestions for event titles, places and people.
- Different ways to view your calendar – Speedily switch between viewing a single day to getting an overview of multiple days at once
- All your calendars in one, easy place – Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange and iCloud.