Black Hat will kick off next week in Las Vegas. Both Black Hat and the Def Con conference that follows immediately after it are hybrid events this year. There is a presence in Las Vegas, but much of the keynotes and sessions will also be streamed online for those who wish to attend virtually.
Qualys will be at the Black Hat conference, and comprehensive visibility and the CyberSecurity Asset Management (CSAM) tool will be a major element in their messaging. If you’re in Las Vegas, stop by the Qualys booth to learn more about CSAM and the value of leveraging the Qualys Cloud Platform.
Regardless of whether you will be attending in person in Las Vegas, or viewing from the comfort of your home, though, I recommend you check out the following sessions where experts from Qualys will be presenting. Note—times are Pacific Time:
Defense Strategies to Combat Sophisticated Ransomware Multi-Vector Attacks
- In-person session
- Shailesh Athalye, Senior VP, Product Management, Qualys
- August 4, 11:30am-12:20pm
Taming Vulnerability Management Overload
- Virtual session
- Alan Shimel, CEO and Founder, MediaOps
- Dr. Jason Gamage, Head of Information Security, FashionNova
- Eran Livne, Product Management, Qualys
- August 4, 10:50am-11:10am
Reinventing Asset Inventory for Security
- Virtual session
- David Spark, CISO Podcast
- Ben Carr, CISO, Qualys
- Ed Rossi, VP Product Management, Qualys
- August 5, 11:20am-12 :10pm
Tenacity: An Adversary Emulation Tool for Persistence
- Def Con virtual session
- Atul Nair, Malware Researcher, Qualys
- Harshal Tupsamudre, Senior Threat Researcher, Qualys
- August 6-8
I will not be in Las Vegas in person this year. Things are at least trending in the right direction for the most part, though, so hopefully by the time the RSA Conference rolls around in early 2022 I will be willing to attend in person. I definitely expect (or at least strongly hope) to be able to attend Black Hat in person in 2022.
If you aren’t making the trip to Las Vegas this year, you can visit Blackhat.com to sign up for any virtual pass (including the free virtual Business Pass).
- Managing and Securing Apple Devices in the Enterprise - June 7, 2023
- Improving Customer Experience with Generative AI - June 1, 2023
- Fight Fire with Fire: Using Generative AI for Proactive Defense - May 17, 2023